MassImo carpets are made exclusIvely from natural yarns
Viscose, whose raw material is mainly the wood of beech-tree, is also a cellulose-based fiber like cotton.
Viscose absorbs more humidity than cotton does and it includes 11-14 percent of humidity under standard conditions. It also absorbs approximately 80-120 percent water, because of the fact that it has a high distension capacity.
The dry tensile strength of Viscose is less than cotton, while wet tensile strength is much lower.
Thanks to the high humidity absorbing capacity, Viscose is appropriate for dying and printing. This characteristic also leads to brighter colours.
Viscose fiber is also used as blends with cotton, linen, wool and other types of fiber.
Naturalness, HIgh TensIle Strength, Color Fastness, FlexIbIlIty, BrIghtness, Comfort
Tencel, a kind of regenerated cellulose-based fiber, represents high tenacity against intensive mechanical processes.
Tencel has the ability to breath.
In addition to its high absorbing capacity, it is easy to get the soft and stretching handle from Tencel products. Fiber distention and fiber modulus should be considered while composing fabric construction from Tencel yarns. High modulus and strength might mean that Tencel fibers will not easily distort in the fabric and will regain their original shapes and positions.
The fibrillation feature of the Tencel Standard contributes to the fabric appearance and handle. The smooth handle of the fabric, thanks to this fibrillation feature, has known as ‘peach skin effect’ in the textile industry.
Bamboo fiber is naturally antibacterial and bacteriostatic, fine hygroscopic and permeable, smooth and soft, as well as ultraviolet-proof. They can be spun purely or blended together with cotton, hemp, thin silk, woollens, Tencel, Modal, polyester, spandex etc.
Bamboo fiber has particular and natural functions of anti-bacteria, bacteriostasis and deodorization. It is validated by Japan Textile Inspection Association that, even after fifty times of washing, bamboo fiber fabric still possesses the excellent function of anti-bacteria, bacteriostasis.
The bamboo fiber was 100% made from bamboo through the high-tech process. In addition, bamboo fiber is biodegradable textile material. As a natural cellulose fiber, it can be completely biodegraded in soil by microorganism and sunshine. The decomposition process doesn’t cause any pollution to the environment.
PROPERTIES OF BAMBOO FIBER
- Natural Anti-bacterial property,
- Very lightweight,
- Feeling of coolness,
- The softness closest to the quality of cashmere and silk,
- Very good ability to absorb paint,
- Does not require mercerization due to its glossy appearance.
- Ultra -violet breaks the lights.
Produced from natural fibers such as Tencel, viscose, bamboo and wool, Massimo Carpet is the first brand in its class in Turkey.
Silk yarn is a kind of yarn produced from natural fibers of animal origin obtained from cocoons of silkworms.
Silk is a yarn created from very thin, soft and shiny fibers that are made into yarn form after passing through certain stages and used for knitting and weaving.Silk is obtained by dissolving it from cocoons knitted by a caterpillar called a silkworm, which grows by feeding on mulberry leaves. The yarns obtained from these fibers are used in the production of silk fabrics.Silk thread is very strong and flexible. Silk is a very valuable and special yarn for special embroidery or sewing projects. It is the most valuable of all natural fibers in nature.
Characteristics of Silk Yarn
- Carpets made of silk fabrics have a soft and flashy shine. Silk threads are shiny, have an excellent casting and a beautiful key feature.
- Its dehumidification property is one of the best yarns. There is no pilling property in fabrics made of silk yarns, but a small amount of static electricity is observed
- When staying for a long time, it is affected by the sun’s rays. The use and care of fabrics made of silk threads should be done carefully.
Fleece is a natural fiber obtained by shaving the hair of sheep or lambs with special tools and methods. Wool is obtained by passing the fleece through different processes.
Wool fiber has a protein structure and consists of keratin. There are 20 types of amino acids in its structure. Keratin and protein in wool fibers make this fiber a unique material.
By processing wool fibers, woolen threads are obtained.
The benefits of carpets woven with woolen threads
- Antimicrobial Properties: The development of wool in the natural environment reduces the ability of bacteria and fungi to reproduce and allows it to have an advanced mechanism against them.
- Strength Decoupage: Of all the textile fibers used in general, wool is the most resistant to burning. It is difficult to ignite; any flame is difficult to spread and easy to extinguish.
- Pollutant and Odor Absorption: Carpets have a large area compared to other indoor materials, and the use of wool carpets is of great importance because the chemical structure of wool can absorb some important impurities such as formaldehyde, nitrous oxide and sulfur dioxide that can be found in the home.
- Wool Yarn as an Insulating Material: The natural structures of wool yarn fibers contain an average of 60% of air in them thanks to these structures, they keep warm in winter and cool in summer
- Elasticity property : Wool Yarn fibers are elastic. Thanks to this property, it has the ability to take shape without breaking, without destruction.
Woolen Threads are not affected by tightening and wrinkling. The woolen threads, compressed into a small volume, return to their former state when they are released.
- Color :Wool yarns have a very high ability to absorb color pigments.
Thus, all the colors for woolen weaving will be very vivid. They have high resistance to washing, sun rays and various cleaning materials.